Here is a non-exhaustive list of goods and services promotion of which is prohibited on Jiji in Tanzania:
- Narcotics, steroids, and any drugs or medications that require a prescription from a licensed medical specialist
- Restricted military/police items
- Human organs
- Illegal/pirated copies
- Stolen property
- Code grabbing and lock picking devices
- Electronic equipment prohibited by the law
- Sexually-oriented services
- Loans, money transactions, Bitcoin
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs
- Network marketing and “Home Base Business” jobs
- Products (goods or services) prohibited to sell by the law, in particular:
Trophies and wildlife specimens (including but not limited to ivory artifacts and pangolin parts) in relation to which trade is prohibited by applicable legislation.
- Food, processed food, water, soft drinks, spirit drinks, medical devices, drugs, drug products, cosmetics, chemicals, agrochemicals, pesticides, veterinary drugs, or other goods if they have not been registered with the National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (the “NAFDAC”) or other relevant authority of Tanzania;
- Any goods, sale, distribution, or advertising of which is banned or restricted by the NAFDAC or any other relevant authority of Tanzania;
- Any goods, sale, distribution, or advertising of which is prohibited by applicable legislation of Tanzania;
- Any goods that do not comply with standards and quality requirements imposed on such goods by applicable legislation of Tanzania;
- Any goods that are represented on the label or described as a treatment, preventative, or cure for diseases, disorders, or abnormal physical states specified by applicable legislation of Tanzania.
If you have noticed any announcements promoting Prohibited Items on Jiji, please report them via the “Report Abuse” link available in each posting.